Oh boy! This stuff is addicting!!! Be warned, you won’t be able to only have one piece, so don’t even try, haha!
Two weeks ago, my aunt and cousin came into town for a weekend visit. My aunt had made this toffee and brought it with her as a snack for everyone to enjoy! I typically am not a huge toffee person, but since it had chocolate, I decided to give it a try. Not only did it taste amazing, but she said it was incredibly simple to make as well.
The toffee literally melted in your mouth, had a slight crunch, and the sweet/salty combination was tasty! My kids enjoyed it, family, and even neighbors because she brought plenty down with her!
This would be a great party idea to make, as well as a goodie to give away to friends/family. Just keep in mind, you may want to make extra because you won’t be able to give this away without having any yourself!!
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet (10.5 x 15.5) with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400.
- Place Ritz crackers evenly on bottom of cookie sheet creating an even layer.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until completely melted.
- Allow mixture to heat until boiling for about 2-3 minutes, but do not stir mixture.
- Pour the warm “caramel” mixture evenly on top of Ritz crackers and spread around coating entirely.
- Put the cookie sheet into oven and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top of caramel layer.
- Place cookie sheet back into oven for another 1-2 minutes and remove from oven.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly to coat the caramel with the chocolate layer.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Break into small pieces and serve!!