Growing up, my mom always made these cookies each year to include as part of her Christmas goodie tray. I remember always grabbing one ahead of when we were “allowed” to and sneaking it into the other room to enjoy. These cookies were a favorite because not only are they full of chocolate (my FAV), but they are soft, and literally melt in your mouth. The powdered sugar coating goes perfectly with the chocolate chips that are spread throughout the cookie dough!
Whether you choose to make these at the Holidays, or just a sweet treat throughout the year….these cookies will be a hit!
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quick Oats, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt one cup chocolate chips until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. *You can also use stove top to melt chocolate if preferred
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the eggs, vanilla, and one cup melted chocolate.
- Add in the oats, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in remaining one cup chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll through powdered sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven, 350, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- After cookies and baked and fully cooled, re-roll cookie through powdered sugar to give them more white color.