Last week, a friend on Facebook posted this recipe that she had tried. She said her family enjoyed it and it was a slow cooker meal. Once school is in session with the kiddos, my slow cooker is my favorite kitchen appliance, so I knew I had to try this. I didn’t even throw this together until about lunch time because I had been side tracked!! Come dinnertime, this was ready to go, full of flavor, and my third grader specifically asked for the leftovers in his thermos for lunch at school the next day. To say this was a hit would be an understatement. Only a few ingredients, most of which were already on hand, and a few minutes of time, this meal is perfect for busy nights! I served ours over rice, but you could serve it over pasta, or by itself!!
- 1 lb chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle garlic, salt, ranch mix, and pepper on top of chicken.
- Add in the cream of chicken soup and sour cream.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on high about 4 hours, or low about 6 hours.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken and serve over rice, pasta, or by itself.