With Fall being here, it is officially pumpkin season! I love baking with pumpkin since it always makes my house smell so yummy. I have pumpkin candles burning, cookies baking, and Fall colors all over my home. That being said, Fall is definitely my most favorite season! These cookies were made by both my youngest son and I last week and let me tell ya, these were a hit! My kids went crazy over them! I told the kids they could have one if they finished all their dinner. Needless to say, three nights in a row, their dinner was devoured. After the third night, the cookies were devoured, hehe! Whether you are making these for a sweet treat, Fall goodie, or to go with some coffee, these are a must try this Fall season!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and pumpkin.
- In a different bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Dough will be very soft, that is okay. Place bowl in refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, remove from refrigerator and roll into balls, about 1 tbsp.
- Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet and slightly press down on cookie to flatten. *The cookies do not really spread, so flatten a bit to make them less round and more cookie like
- Place cookie sheet in a preheated oven, 350, and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.