As we head into Fall, and the kids go back to school, I LOVE making anything with pumpkin! Since the weather was cold and gloomy a few days ago, we decided to make a breakfast dinner and have these waffles! They were amazing! The pumpkin flavor was not too strong, and was just the right amount of spices. It definitely made the house smell yummy and put Fall in the air. Since that is my favorite season, I am so excited for all the new pumpkin recipes coming. Stay tuned!!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg yolk plus 3 egg whites
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, 1 egg yolk, melted butter, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook according to directions on waffle iron.
- Serve with butter and syrup!