If you’re a taco fan, these BEST EVER Crispy Chicken Tacos are a must try! Packed with a Tex-Mex BBQ flavor everyone will enjoy!
Just thinking about these tacos makes my mouth water because they are INCREDIBLE!!
Last week, I decided to keep things simple and make tacos. I thawed some beef, used some of my homemade taco seasoning, and the entire family chose our own toppings. Dinner was a success, however, while eating, my hubby brought up the idea of making chicken tacos nexttime to change things up.
Since I am one of those people that could pretty much live on tacos, I knew I had to add them to the meal plan and make them immediately. I opted to add a BBQ flair to what could have been a traditional chicken taco and THANK GOODNESS I DID!!!
With the chicken having been breaded and baked, it was perfectly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside!
The tangy BBQ sauce drizzled on top added such flavor. However, when combined with a bit of Ranch….the two flavors melded together perfectly!
Adding a bit of chopped cabbage gave these tacos a final crunch factor that the entire family loved!
Best part of all, I reheated the leftover chicken in my toaster oven the next day and round two was just as good (if not better)!!
If you’re in the mood for tacos and want to try a fantastic combination….give these BEST EVER Crispy Chicken Tacos a try! Your taste buds will thank you!
Recipe adapted from: Delish
BEST EVER Crispy Chicken Tacos
- 2 lb chicken *boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup flour *all purpose
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- tsp garlic powder
- flour tortillas
- 2 cups cabbage *chopped
- ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bag, add the flour and chicken and toss to coat thoroughly.
- In a shallow bowl, add the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, add the bread crumbs.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg, followed by the bread crumbs.
- Place chicken onto cookie sheet and continue until all chicken has been coated.
- Place cookie sheet into oven and bake about 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked though.
- While chicken is cooking, heat the BBQ sauce in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add in the lime juice and garlic powder.
- Stir to combine and reduce heat to low.
- Once chicken is done, serve with chicken pieces in a flour tortilla. Pour some BBQ sauce on top, followed by some drizzled Ranch (desired amount), and chopped cabbage for an added crunch. Enjoy!