These decadent Baileys Raspberry Cocktails are a smooth & creamy combination of Bailey’s Irish cream & muddled fresh raspberries! The ultimate adult drink to enjoy!
Baileys Cool Raspberry
Whether you are celebrating Valentine’s Day and want a festive cocktail to drink, or simply a fan of fresh raspberries…this raspberry cocktail is a must try! With its smooth and creamy flavors chilled over ice, combined with the fresh muddled raspberries on the bottom, this drink is not only refreshing, but its packed with incredible flavor!
Each year, my hubby makes a Valentine’s dinner and I get the night off from cooking. Typically, he knocks it out of the park with a juicy steak dinner, some roasted potatoes, and a veggie. A few years back however, he surprised me and even had a Valentine’s cocktail to add to the menu.
As I watched him make these, not only was I excited to try it, but the muddling process was one I hadn’t seen before.
One sip in, I was hooked. So hooked in fact that we actually set out to try a strawberry version the next night! Since then, these cocktails have been a tradition each Valentine’s day and one I thoroughly look forward to!
This is one of those cocktails that was meant to be sipped slowly and thoroughly enjoyed. But I won’t judge you in the slightest if you end up gulping it down. Be sure to use a spoon to stir up those tasty raspberries as you enjoy this, or save that for the end!
What is muddling?
Muddling is a technique used in drinks to gently mash herbs or fruit to release their juices. This helps the flavors to bind with the alcohol better than simply using them whole.
Printable recipe card below with exact amounts and directions
- Raspberries- fresh is best, however, if you only have frozen, that works too, just be sure to thaw them
- Baileys Irish Cream- tried and true original is best in this cocktail
- Ice- simple ice-cubes work great, or you can use molds to really enhance the look of this drink
How to make Baileys Raspberry Cocktails
Only a few simple steps needed to prepare this tasty cocktail! No blender needed!
Grab two glasses and place 6 raspberries in the bottom of each.
Lightly muddle the fruit.
Fill glass with ice cubes.
Pour Baileys (4 oz per glass) over ice.
Add additional whole raspberries if desired.
Variations to try
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in the glasses before starting.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of glass prior to serving.
- Use ice molds to change up the shape of the ice cubes. Check these out for heart shaped molds!
- Add some festive sprinkles on top of the glass prior to serving.
- Swap 1 oz Baileys for 1 oz of raspberry liqueur. This will enhance the raspberry flavor throughout.
More Cocktails to try
Cupid’s Strawberry Boozy Mudslide– a combo of fruit and classic cocktail ingredients is just the thing to whip up for your Valentine!
Peanut Butter Cup Martini– a decadent cocktail made with chocolate liqueur, creme de cocoa, peanut butter whiskey and heavy cream.
Tasty Lemon Drop Martini– the best lemon drop martini you’ll have, made simply with vodka, Cointreau and lemon! It’s festive and refreshing, with a lemon twist and sugar rim.
Strawberry Pop Rock Jello Shots– great flavor with the pop and crunch of pop rocks is just so fun
White Russian Cocktails– a simple cocktail made with just three ingredients. It combines coffee liqueur, vodka, and cream for a rich and creamy drink that is perfect as an after-dinner drink.
Baileys Raspberry Cocktail Recipe
- 12 Raspberries fresh is best, rinsed
- 8 oz Baileys Irish Cream
- Ice Cubes
- Grab two glasses and place 6 raspberries in the bottom of each.
- Lightly muddle the fruit.
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Pour Baileys (4 oz per glass) over ice.
- Add additional whole raspberries if desired.
- Serve! *Give it a stir before sipping