One of my hubby’s favorite desserts are these mini cheesecake bites. Since we didn’t have any sweets in the house this week, I decided to run to the store and get the ingredients for them in honor of Valentine’s Day this weekend. Who knew that by adding candy hearts, you could change the whole look of these up to become quite festive!
Both my hubby and I whipped these up last night and not only did they turn out so cute, but they also taste amazing. One (or two, haha) end up being the perfect amount of sweetness without needing to feel guilty, and they make great gifts for teachers, coworkers, neighbors, or family!
You can omit the candy hearts if desired and make them year round, or add different colored m & m’s depending on Holiday, etc. The possibilities are endless, but the end result is one that will have you going back for seconds!!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. shortening
- Candy Hearts
- Line a 9 inch baking pan with tin foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, chopped pecans, and melted butter.
- Press mixture onto the bottom of the baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream using a mixer.
- Spread mixture over graham cracker layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 325, for about 35 minutes, or until center is just about set up.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place pan in freezer for a minimum of 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Once frozen, use a sharp knife to cut cheesecake into small squares.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Use a toothpick to dip each cheesecake square into the melted chocolate evenly.
- Place cheesecake square on parchment paper to set up.
- While still wet, you can place a candy heart on the top of each square.
- Keep refrigerated (or frozen) until serving!