Creamy Chicken Fajita Soup
This Creamy Chicken Fajita Soup is simple to make and packed with flavor! Shredded chicken, diced peppers, cream cheese, onion, and seasonings combined into a meal everyone will enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cooked/shredded *you can use rotisserie chicken to save time
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 20 oz diced tomatoes w/ green chilies *I used 2 cans mild Rotel
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 packet fajita seasoning *you can use taco seasoning if preferred
- toppings of choice: sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, avocado, etc
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add in the onion, garlic, and green pepper and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
Add the cream cheese to the pot and mash around a bit to incorporate.
Pour in the diced tomatoes (and juice from can), chicken broth, whipping cream, and fajita seasoning. Stir to combine.
Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add in the cooked chicken and stir.
Serve with toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 1151mg | Potassium: 699mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1120IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 2mg