Zesty Mexican Chicken Soup
Whether you choose to make this in the slow cooker or Instant Pot, this soup is packed with flavor and perfect for those cooler weather evenings!
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning see homemade recipe below
- 28 oz petite diced tomatoes do not drain
- 2 cups sweet corn (frozen or canned works)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 8 oz cream cheese
- toppings: avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, tomatoes
SLOW COOKER: Place all ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours, or high for about 4 hours. Shred chicken and whisk cream cheese to blend into soup fully. Serve in bowls with desired toppings.
INSTANT POT: Place chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes with juices, salt, chicken broth, corn, and salsa verde into pot. Set to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow a 15 minute natural pressure release followed by a quick pressure release. Remove chicken and shred on plate. Stir softened cream cheese into pot and whisk to fully incorporate. Return the chicken to the pot and stir. Serve in bowls with desired toppings.