During the winter season, I love to make meals that are warm and hearty. I especially loves dinners that I can throw into my slow cooker and not have to worry about until its cooked and dinnertime!! A few nights ago I made this chili and it was delicious! My family and I ate it two nights in a row and thoroughly enjoyed it! I paired it with some homemade bread and roasted broccoli!!
- 1-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into thin strips)
- 2 (15 oz) cans of white beans (drained)
- 1 (15 oz) can white corn (drained)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning, or 1 package from the store
- 1 (7 oz) can green chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 14 oz chicken broth
- Sour Cream/Shredded Cheese
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker. *I actually used 2 large frozen chicken breasts and placed them in the slow cooker whole. Once cooked, I shredded with two forks.
- Add beans, corn, and onion on top of chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, taco seasoning, chilies, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth.
- Pour mixture on top of chicken.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low for about 6 hours, or high for about 4 hours.
- Once cooked, slightly mash the beans to become a thicker consistency instead of a broth.
- Serve in bowls with shredded cheese and sour cream on top!!