On the weekends, I typically don’t like to cook dinners that take a long time to prep. I want to make the meals that are quick to the table, kid friendly, and allow me to enjoy most of the day, instead of prepping in the kitchen! When I made this for dinner last weekend, the entire family LOVED it and everyone ate seconds! Not only did it take no work to make, but the flavor was great! Paired with some veggies and our Garlic Parmesan Knots, this dinner was a success!!!
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen package tortellini (I use cheese filled kind)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 oz) chopped spinach, thaw it out and squeeze out excess liquid
- 2 tsp dried Basiil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion in pan until tender.
- Add in garlic and allow to cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, spinach, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy whipping cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain pasta once cooked and add sauce to the pasta.
- Toss to coat thoroughly. Sprinkle additional Parmesan on top if desired.