Yep, the title says it all. These most definitely are the BEST blueberry streusel muffins around! If you love muffins, these are a must try for sure! Last weekend, we had some fresh blueberries on hand and my hubby whipped these up. Great hubby points, right? Not only were these light and fluffy, but they were not overly sweet, and the perfect breakfast. Juicy blueberries throughout the muffin, crumbly streusel on top, and fresh out of the oven, these were a little taste of Heaven! Whether enjoying as breakfast, snack, or even a treat in the evening, you’ll love them! Freeze the extra (if they last that long) for later and take them out to enjoy as you want!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, vanilla, egg, and vegetable oil.
- Add egg mixture to the dry mixture, mix well.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Fill batter into a greased or lined muffin tray, filling about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of each muffin cup evenly.
- Place tray in preheated oven, 400, and allow to bake for about 20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from: Chef Savvy