Since my family loves tacos, and LOVES pizza, I thought it would be fun to combine the two for dinner. This was definitely a huge hit. When my older two kiddos came home from school the other day, they asked if they could help me make dinner. Since this dish is simple to make, I let them do most of the work. Dinner was on the table in less than 20 minutes, and we even had enough leftovers to enjoy the next evening as well. Whether you cut this into small pieces and serve as an appetizer at a get together, or throw together for lunch/dinner one day, this is definitely a must try!
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 3 tbsp. taco seasoning (or 1 package of store bought)
- 2 (8 oz) cans crescent rolls
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Toppings: chopped onion, tomatoes, black olives, sour cream, salsa, etc
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown the meat and drain fat.
- Add in taco seasoning and allow to simmer for a 2-3 minutes.
- Unroll the cans of crescent rolls and place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Press dough over bottom of pan to coat entirely, as well as 1/2″ up the sides for the crust.
- Bake crescent crust in oven for 12-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and heat up refried beans in a microwaveable safe bowl.
- Spread the refried beans over the crust evenly.
- Top with cooked meat and shredded cheese.
- Place pan back into oven until cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes later.
- Remove pan from oven and serve with desired toppings.