Now that school is back in session, days have become much busier! Between homework, sports, errands, and other activities, I like to have quick and easy dinners during the week! My slow cooker has become my best friend again this year and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Since my kiddos are huge pasta (especially tortellini) fans, and my hubby loves alfredo, I decided to combine the two and make this dish for dinner last week. Not only did the entire family go crazy over it, but everyone, kids included, brought it for their lunches the next day!! This reheated perfectly for the kiddos thermos’ and they really enjoyed it again second time around!
This was incredibly simple to make, quick to prep, and flavorful! It was quite inexpensive too, especially since my local grocery store almost always has a sale on their cheese tortellini!
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups Alfredo sauce, divided
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups refrigerated tortellini
- Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour 2 cups Alfredo on top of the chicken and place lid on top.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred with a fork (or bear paws) once cooked.
- Once chicken is shredded, add in the remaining 1 cup Alfredo, minced garlic, black pepper, and refrigerated tortellini.
- Place lid back onto slow cooker and cook an additional 15 minutes on high.
- Garnish with some Parmesan cheese and serve!
Recipe adapted from: The Gunny Sack