With school back in session, save on time and prepare this shortcut baked ziti that is budget friendly, quick to prepare, and family approved! Cheese, pasta, and tons of flavor, what more could you ask for?!?!
I love me a good family dinner. Anytime I can whip something up with little to no work needed, I am a fan!
My kids started school this week and our crazy schedules began. Between three little ones in school, dance, golf, and soon to be karate….I am stretched thin, especially around the dinner hour. Since my afternoons are semi quiet, I have been using that time to prep dinner. Anything from chopping veggies, assembling casseroles, cooking meats, etc.
This baked ziti came together in under 30 minutes and my entire family loved it. Using jarred sauce, it was quick, however, if you have extra time, make your own sauce and really bring this to the next level. The cheese, sauce, pasta, and meat combined created a dish that had us all going back for seconds, and even enjoying the leftovers for lunch the next day!
This is a great dish that can be brought to neighbors, friends, served at a dinner party, frozen for a later date, etc.
If you love pasta and love quick dinner ideas, this is just the meal for you!
Shortcut Cheesy Baked Ziti
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz Alfredo sauce
- 1 lb Ziti (can use penne as well)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook meat in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Pour spaghetti sauce on top of meat and simmer on low.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain water and stir in the Alfredo sauce.
- Pour pasta into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Pour spaghetti sauce evenly on top of pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes. Serve!
Tools I used in this recipe:
9 x 13 baking dish (this set is my FAVORITE)!!
Kitchen Utensils (for stirring and mixing)