This Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta is creamy, cheesy, and packed with flavor! Simple to make and kid approved, you’ll definitely want to add this to your next meal plan!
Over the Holiday break, I focused on getting my kids involved with baking and cooking! Not only did they have a blast, but it was fun to spend the extra time with them!
My daughter primarily stuck to helping me with the baked goods. She takes after her mama and has a sweet tooth! My oldest son however, LOVED helping me with dinner. He wanted to grate the cheese, drain the pasta, and do all the work! In fact, this pasta dish is one he made entirely on his own for the family. With a few directions from me, he set off and whipped this up! Not only were we all impressed, but this was incredibly flavorful and a hit with everyone!
The pepper jack cheese in this gave it a slight kick, but it wasn’t overpowering and all three of my kids ate it up with zero complaints! If you can, avoid pre shredded cheese and always grate your own. Not only will you save money, but it also melts much easier and has a less grainy texture. The pre-shredded cheeses are coated with something called cellulose, which prevents clumping in the bag. Well, it also prevents it from melting smoothly and basically….avoid it if you can. Of course, if you are like me and love short cuts or are short on time, grab a bag and no one will judge you, hehe!
We use penne pasta for this dish because its what I had on hand. If you prefer rotini or farfalle, feel free to substitute! You will have to adapt liquids and cooking time if using a pasta such as spaghetti or angel pasta!
I highly recommend adding this Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta to your next meal plan! Its simple to prepare, PACKED with flavor, and leftovers are just as good! Keep me posted if you try this! I love hearing feedback! Also come connect with me on Instagram!
Cheese Grater: https://amzn.to/36OO1fP
Here is a tasty Salsa Verde we enjoy: https://amzn.to/383iEyp
Our go to seasoning for chicken: https://amzn.to/2thgjRA
Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups uncooked penne or rotini pasta
- salt/pepper or seasoning of choice *I use our go to seasoning of Chupacabra on our chicken
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken and season with salt/pepper or seasoning of choice.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Pour in the chicken broth, salsa verde, heavy whipping cream, and uncooked pasta.
- Stir and bring to a rapid boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the chicken and cheese.
- Stir until fully melted.
- Serve and enjoy!