A while back, I came across a lady in my area selling her like new Panini maker for only $10. Since my hubby and I had recently had a Panini for the first time and LOVED it, I knew I had to jump on that deal! I picked it up and was so excited to bring it home, but had no clue how to use it, what variations to play around with, and basically, not the slightest clue how to make a Panini. Fast forward about a year later, that appliance is used all the time and we have made TONS of combinations. This recipe, hands down, is our favorite. The roasted peppers are such an amazing addition to this and you can make these in no time. You can change these up based on your own preferences, so if you prefer turkey, use turkey. If you aren’t a fan of peppers, exclude them and use other veggies in their place. The possibilities are endless, just have fun with it! *If you do not have a Panini maker, that is okay. You can use a skillet or griddle to cook these 🙂
- 1 loaf Foccaccia bread (I buy the individual rolls, but sometimes they aren’t available, so buy what you see in your store)
- 1 lb deli sliced Roast beef
- 1 lb sliced Provolone cheese
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp hot sauce
Directions: (makes 4 sandwiches)
- Slice up your green peppers, red peppers, and onion into thin strips.
- Toss peppers/onions with a small amount of olive oil and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of peppers/onions.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 15 minutes, or until peppers are tenders and slightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the hot sauce. Set aside.
- Cut bread in half to create a sandwich. If using a loaf, you can get about 4 sandwiches out of it.
- To assemble sandwich, layer 1/4 lb sliced Roast beef on bottom layer of bread. Place a slice of cheese on top of meat. Layer pepper mixture on top of cheese. Spread mayo sauce on top half of bread.
- Place top half of bread on top of peppers to create a sandwich.
- Preheat Panini maker (or griddle/skillet). Place sandwich on heated surface and cook for about 5 minutes if using Panini maker (4 minutes per side if using griddle/skillet).
- Remove from heat and serve warm immediately!