During the week, I make dinners that not only are quick, but also are kid friendly. Anytime I can use a slow cooker, its even more of a plus! This week, with baseball tournaments, my mom in town, and various other school events going on, I put this ranch chicken into my slow cooker in the morning, and that evening, the house smelled amazing! I shredded the chicken and served it on hamburger buns, but it would be great over pasta or rice if preferred! The chicken was creamy, packed with flavor, and had bacon crumbles throughout. We had tons leftover after dinner and got to enjoy round two the next evening!
This is definitely a quick prep, inexpensive meal to make…..especially for those busy school/work nights!!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Rice, pasta, or hamburger buns
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch dressing on chicken.
- Place cream cheese in slow cooker and place lid on top.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred the chicken using two forks or Bear claws.
- Sprinkle bacon with chicken and mix well.
- Place lid back onto slow cooker for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or on hamburger buns!