Growing up, my mom always placed a big importance on family dinners. Every night, she would prepare a homemade meal with tasty dessert. My family would all gather around the table and share stories from our days. At the time, I didn’t think anything of it because to me, that was normal, but now, looking back on it as I have a family of my own, I too love to have family dinners and have passed down the tradition and value of it!
Today, I am partnering up with Ragu to bring you one of the most requested meals I make for my family; Cheesy Tortellini.
My kids love it because of all the sauce, cheese, and of course, pasta. I prefer to use Ragu Homestyle sauce in it because of the bold flavor. Ragu peels, chops, and simmers their ingredients to create a fresh, homemade flavor. Their special blend of spices creates a bold flavor that has everyone going back for more! Using no artificial flavors, colors, or high fructose corn-syrup, I feel good serving it to my family.
Ragu has created a new Ragu Homestyle product line that features five bold flavors; traditional, meat, roasted garlic, four cheese and mushroom. These sauces are made from 100% California grown, vine ripened tomatoes, onions, and fragrant herbs. The sauce is thicker and heartier than before, so it hugs pasta perfectly!
Ragu Homestyle sauces are perfect for those classic dishes such as spaghetti, lasagna, meatballs, tortellini, and ravioli!!
Be sure to check out Ragu’s webpage to learn more about their rich heritage and to find some great featured recipes!
- 1 lb Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 (24 oz) jar Rago Homestyle sauce (any flavor desired, my favorite is the roasted garlic)
- 14.5 oz can Italian diced tomatoes
- 9 oz package tortellini
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook and crumble the Italian sausage until cooked through.
- Combine the sausage, Ragu Homestyle sauce, and tomatoes in your crockpot.
- Place lid on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir in the tortellini and sprinkle both cheeses on top.
- Place lid back on to slow cooker for an additional 15 minutes.