A few days ago, my brothers family was coming over to my parents house so we could all have a pizza party and hang out! I wanted to make something to enjoy as a dessert, so I started looking around the pantry. Since there were 6 kids involved, I wanted to make something everyone would enjoy! What kid doesn’t love M & M’s and cookies, right? These bars are out of this world yummy! I had probably 3-4 of them over the course of the weekend, and even right now, thinking about them, makes me want to make another batch. Not only were they simple to make, but they were a combination of cookie dough, Oreos, chocolate M & M’s, and just pure sweetness!! These are rich, so don’t cut too big of pieces, otherwise you may be on a sugar high, hehe!! Enjoy!!!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 18 Oreos, crushed (I used Double Stuffed, but you can use any type desired)
- 1/2 cup M & M’s
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Pour mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle the M & M’s over the cookie batter and gently push the M & M’s into the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into desired size pieces!
Recipe adapted from: Averie Cooks