These Loaded Mashed Potatoes include bacon, cheese, sour cream, and butter throughout. The perfect side dish to compliment any meal!!
I don’t know about you, but loaded mashed potatoes are one of my most favorite side dishes. If I have a get together, it is one dish that is a must have. Not only are they easy to make, but you can make them the night before and have one less thing to worry about on the day of!
I never met a potato I didn’t like and this recipe for loaded mashed potatoes is no exception. It is scrumptious!
Want some other side dish ideas?? Check out these favorites:
You can even turn the leftovers into potato pancakes or make a Shepard’s pie. My hubby and I made this dish as part of our Valentine’s day dinner. We decided to spend Valentine’s day at home and make a special dinner after the kids went to bed. We grilled some steak, made these potatoes, and roasted some asparagus. Needless to say, it was delicious and much more relaxing verus going out to a restaurant!
We also make these at Thanksgiving and they are always the one dish that everyone grabs at least one spoonful of. With bacon, cheese, sour cream, butter, and green onions throughout, whats not to love, right?! If you want to add more cheese or bacon, feel free! This recipe can be made to fit your preferences!
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below!
Loaded Mashed Potatoes are packed with flavor and can be served with any meal! Add them to your next meal plan and give them a try! Print the recipe below!
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon butter
- salt/pepper to taste
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked/crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Boil potatoes in a large pot/dutch oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain water and place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Beat on medium speed with a mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in 2 cups of cheese, bacon, and green onion.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 3 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining one cup of cheese and top.
- Place in a preheated oven, 350, and bake for 30 minutes.