This hearty Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli is a one pot meal that is quick to prep and the Instant Pot does all the work!
Have you jumped on board the Instant Pot train yet?! If not, oh boy…..you really should! I know, I was skeptical too and chalked the Instant Pot up to a fad, but let me tell you…its life changing. As in….dinner on the table from frozen chicken breasts to chicken noodle soup in under 25 minutes!
A few months ago, I ordered myself an Instant Pot because come on, being a blogger, I thoroughly enjoy trying out all the new gadgets and appliances! It arrived a few short days later and literally sat in the box for about one week. I admit, it kind of freaked me out. Pressure cookers, previously binge watching Breaking Bad, and now having one in my kitchen….a little intimidating, right?!
Well, finally one evening, my hubby talked me into trying it and we started simple with rice. If I managed to mess it up, at least its cheap and little to no work involved. Well, let me tell you, the rice was amazing! Even beating out the end result of our rice cooker (which has now been sold off haha).
Check out these other Instant Pot blog favorites:
So many of you have emailed me saying you are nervous to take your Instant Pot out of the box and it is intimidating! I get that because I was the same way at first, but I promise you, you’ll learn it quickly! In fact, you may just fall in love with it and buy a second one. That is exactly what happened with me, haha!
After seeing how simple it was to use and the intimidation factor being removed, I set making macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, Zuppa Toscana soup, chicken noodle soup, etc. Each and every recipe has been a huge hit so far but this IP Pasta E Fagioli soup may go down as my most favorite recipe so far! I love going to Olive Garden and enjoying their version, but of course an at home recipe is much preferred since I have three little ones that aren’t fans of going out. I made a stove top version that has been my go to, but I will now stick to this Instant Pot recipe as its quick and easy!!
Pasta, Italian Sausage, fresh carrots, beans, celery, and more make this hearty Italian soup a must try!
I paired ours with a side salad and French bread to make a complete meal. My hubby and I even fought over the leftovers the next day! My kids scraped their bowls clean and my oldest son even went back for seconds!
Hope you enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give this soup a try!!
Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli Soup is a one pot meal packed with flavor! Comfort food at its finest courtest of your Instant Pot! Print the recipe below and add it to your meal plan!
Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli Soup
- 4 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1 cup Ditalini Pasta
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 lb Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, chopped
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes, do not drain
- 15 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 15.5 oz Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.25 oz Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- Garnish with: Parmesan Cheese and Basil
- Add the water, salt, and oil to the IP.
- Press the saute button and allow the water to heat up.
- When water simmers, add the pasta and stir.
- Close lid and move valve to sealed.
- Press manual (high) for 4 minutes. Once completed, do a quick release.
- Once pressure has released and pin drops, open lid and place pasta in colander. Rinse with cold water to complete cook process. Set aside.
- Press saute on IP again and allow to start heating up.
- Add the olive oil and onion. Allow to cook until onion is translucent.
- Add in the Italian Sausage and Red Pepper Flakes cooking until meat is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Add the Italian seasoning, pepper, carrots, and celery. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, thyme, and broth.
- Press cancel button to turn off sauté on IP. Place lid on pot securely and move valve to sealing position.
- Press manual (high) for 7 minutes followed by a natural release for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release after the 15 minutes to release any additional pressure. Once pin drops, open lid and stir.
- Add in the cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, and Basil. Serve!!