Instant Pot Banana Steel Cut Oats is a flavor packed, hearty meal option that comes together in no time using the Instant Pot!
Are you a breakfast fan? My hubby is, but I am not. Something about eating early in the morning just doesn’t sound appealing.
I typically grab a yogurt, or have some fruit as I am on the go.
A few weeks ago, I decided to make the family some oatmeal for breakfast because I had browsed Pinterest and noticed it could be made in the Instant Pot.
Adding in some banana and brown sugar, this came together in no time and was quite flavorful.
In fact, it was so tasty, I grabbed myself a bowl and scarfed it down happily!
Not only did it come together in about five minutes, but clean up was a breeze since it was only one pot!
Each batch makes enough for about 4-6 servings, depending on how much you scoop for each person!
The best part, you can add extras to this to make it your own!
Perhaps some berries on top prior to serving? Chia/flax seeds? And if you like things a bit sweeter, add some additional brown sugar on top!
Have fun with it and enjoy the Instant Pot Banana Steel Cut Oats! My family sure did!
Recipe adapted from: Mels Kitchen Cafe
Instant Pot Banana Steel Cut Oats
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 3 bananas *mashed
- 2 1/4 cups steel cut oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Berries, brown sugar, flax seed, chia seed, dried cranberry, etc for serving
- Spray the inside of your Instant Pot with cooking spray (unless using a non-stick liner).
- Pour in the milk, water, banana, oats, and salt, stirring to combine.
- Place lid onto Instant Pot and ensure it is securely locked in. Move valve to sealed position and select manual, high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, allow a natural pressure release for 15 minutes.
- Move valve to release any additional pressure and once pin drops, remove lid and stir in the brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Serve with any toppings of choice and enjoy!