These Incredible Banana Blueberry Muffins are a great way to use up any extra bananas on hand! Flavorful, simple to make, and perfect for anytime of the day!
Are you like me and seem to always have extra bananas on hand or in your freezer? One week, my kids will LOVE bananas and I won’t be able to keep them in the house. The next week, when I pick several up at the store, the kids will decide they no longer like them and into the freezer, black and brown, they go!
Luckily, my family LOVES banana bread, so as my stock pile increases, I make a few batches and freeze for breakfasts, snacks, and on the go!
Last week, I was cleaning out my freezer and found some bananas to use. I wasn’t really in the mood for banana bread though, so decided to go the muffin route.
Since I had some fresh blueberries on hand, I combined the two together and the combination was incredible.
The muffin itself was a moist, flavorful banana bread, but it had juicy blueberries throughout. With a brown sugar topping, the combination of flavors was a hit with my family!
In fact, these Incredible Banana Blueberry Muffins never made it to the freezer because my family ate them too fast!
Each batch makes about 12 muffins, so if you want more, feel free to double the recipe! Not only are these great to enjoy fresh from the oven, but they can easily be frozen for later and simply tossed in the microwave to warm up, or thawed on the counter!
Enjoy as is, or spread some butter on top and serve with a cup of coffee or milk! Breakfast, snack, or evening treat…perfect anytime! Or, bring some over to your family, friends, neighbors, or schools!
Incredible Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 3 bananas *ripe
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoon butter *melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar + 3 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a muffin tray with liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bananas and egg using a whisk.
- Add in the brown sugar (minus the 3 tablespoon as that is for the end), vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Stir until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir until just combined.
- Lightly fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin liners, filling about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle the 3 tablespoon brown sugar evenly on top of the muffin batter.
- Place pan into oven and allow to bake for about 18 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!