Last week, I was browsing through my recipe collection when I realized I had never posted on hard boiling eggs. I have posted recipes for egg salad, potato salad that has hard boiled eggs in it, etc. but never explained how to boil an egg. Oops!!
Well, here you go! Step by step directions on how to hard boil eggs!
Whether you are enjoying these by themselves as a healthy, low carb snack…..or using in egg salad, potato salad, etc.; hard boiled eggs are easy to make and have lots of uses!!
- Eggs (however many you need)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Water to cover the eggs
- Place eggs carefully in a medium saucepan.
- Fill saucepan with cold water until eggs are submerged entirely.
- Add baking soda into water and gently stir.
- Bring water to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat and cover pan with lid.
- Allow to sit for 13 minutes.
- Carefully drain hot water and rinse eggs under cold water.
- Once cool enough to touch, gently crack shell off and peel eggs.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to enjoy!