I don’t know about you, but nothing is better than a yummy, warm, chocolate cake coming straight out of the oven, covered in a fudge-pudding like mixture, served with a scoop of ice-cream. Am I right?? YUM!!! This may not be the prettiest cake to serve, since you are not really able to slice pieces. This is more of a scoop and dump into a bowl type cake. It is amazing though, and if you are a chocolate lover like I am, you must try this….right now, regardless of the time, : )
*The “hot fudge” is similar to a pudding type consistency!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil (or vegetable oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup hot water
- Ice Cream (vanilla is best, I only had chocolate on hand and it worked too though)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a different bowl, mix together milk, oil, vanilla.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until mixed well.
- Pour into the bottom of a un-greased, 9 inch, square, baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and remaining 4 tbsp cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Pour hot water on top, do not stir the mixture.
- Place in oven and cook 35-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately, adding a scoop of ice cream if desired!