For dinner, we all wanted to enjoy some yummy Chinese food. I paired this fried rice with sweet and sour chicken and it was a huge hit with the family. You can add ham, pork, or chicken to this dish to make a meal out of it if you aren’t wanting to make the sweet and sour chicken.
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 packet fried rice seasoning (optional) *this can be found by the dry “mixes” or spices in your grocery store typically
- Shredded cooked Chicken or Pork (optional)
- On medium heat, heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the peas/carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Lower the heat to low and push the mixture to the side. Pour eggs into other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.
- Add in the rice, soy sauce, seasoning (if using), and chicken/pork.
- Mix together well and cook until thoroughly heated through. Serve!