With my hubby being out of town last week. I really focused on making kid friendly dinners. Our family sticks to the “you eat what I make for dinner” rule, but last week, I definitely kept things simple and kid approved. One of the nights, I whipped this noodle bake up in no time and the kids each asked for seconds. We ended up having it for dinner the next night as well, which was great because I got the night off from cooking.
Egg noodles, cheese, and a tomato ground turkey mixture make this dish a must try. Perfect for those chilly nights ahead, or those nights where time is something you don’t have much of!!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1.2 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz egg noodles
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I use Monterey Jack, but Colby or Mexican blend work too)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cook the ground turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add in the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- While meat mixture is simmering, boil water in a pot and add in egg noodles.
- Cook according to directions. Drain water once cooked.
- In a medium, bowl, combine the cooked pasta, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
- Remove meat mixture from heat.
- To assemble, layer half the pasta mixture followed by half the meat.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese on top and complete order one more time, ending with cheese.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!!
Adapted from: The Recipe Critic