This Creamy Noodle Bake is an easy weeknight dinner that’ll have everyone running to the dinner table!
With my hubby being out of town last week for work, I really focused on making kid friendly dinners for my kids and I.
Our family sticks to the “you eat what I make for dinner” rule, but last week, I definitely kept things simple and kid approved.
Check out these other kid friendly meal ideas:
One of the nights, I prepared this creamy dish in no time and the kids even asked for seconds.
We ended up having it for dinner the next night as well, which was great because I got the night off from cooking.
Egg noodles, cheese, and a tomato ground beef mixture make this dish a must try.
Perfect for those chilly nights ahead, or those nights where time is something you don’t have much of!!
Ground Beef or Turkey
Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
How to cook/assemble this Creamy Noodle Bake:
Cook the meat- you’ll want to cook the beef/turkey until no longer pink and then drain off the fat.
Add in your tomato sauce, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder- making sure to stir to fully incorporate.
Cook pasta- while meat mixture is simmering, boil noodles until al dente. Drain water.
Make creamy pasta layer- in a mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
Assemble casserole- layer half the pasta mixture into pan, followed by half the meat mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese on top and repeat pattern ending with remaining cheese.
Cook- place pan into oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give this a try!!
Creamy Noodle Bake is perfect for any pasta lover! Print the recipe below and be sure to add it to your next meal plan!
Creamy Noodle Bake
- 1 lb ground beef *or turkey works
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 oz egg noodles
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese *shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cook the ground beef/turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add in the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- While meat mixture is simmering, boil water in a pot and add in egg noodles.
- Cook according to directions. Drain water once cooked.
- In a medium, bowl, combine the cooked pasta, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
- Remove meat mixture from heat.
- To assemble, layer half the pasta mixture followed by half the meat.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese on top and complete order one more time, ending with cheese.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe updated 10/21/21