This healthy, hearty chili is packed with tasty spices, beans, ground turkey, onions, tomatoes, and corn!
Last week, my mom’s neighbor and friend Christi, text my mom about a dinner she had made. She included several pics and even the video snippet (shared on Facebook)! Since I love sharing new recipes, I took one look at the recipe my mom had forwarded and knew I had to post it quickly!
This healthy chili is perfect for the new year when everyone is trying to eat a bit healthier to reach their resolutions! Whether trying to eat cleaner, or lose weight, this is a great choice!
As I glanced over the recipe, I noticed it was packed with veggies, ground turkey, and seasonings which would make this a flavorful dinner choice! If you aren’t a huge fan of ground turkey, you can use ground chicken or even beef….although not as healthy of a choice.
I personally have not tried this, but I have already added it to my meal plan to make this week! There is nothing better than a good chili recipe served with some cornbread, right?!
With it being Football season (almost Super Bowl), this would be a great dish to serve on a Sunday with family/friends!
The leftovers freeze great, but of course….I don’t think you’ll have any once everyone tries this!
Thanks Christi for the recipe, I can’t wait to try it!
*Here is the cast iron Dutch oven I love to make all my soups and chili’s in, https://amzn.to/2W0n83M
Christi's Healthy Turkey Chili
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans (drained/rinsed) 15 oz. cans
- 1 can sweet corn (drained/rinsed) 15 oz can
- Toppings: shredded cheese, avocado, diced tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream
- Place oil into large pot and heat over medium high heat.
- Add in the onions, garlic, and red pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the turkey, cooking until no longer pink.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Next, add in the tomatoes, Rotel, chicken broth, kidney beans, and corn.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, or until mixture thickens a bit.
- Serve in bowls with desired toppings!
Be sure to also follow me on Instagram, click here, https://www.instagram.com/thecookinchicks/