These Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are fluffy, flavorful, and a chocolate lovers dream come true! Enjoy for breakfast, snack, or even as a sweet treat!
I don’t know about you, but just about any excuse I get to have chocolate for breakfast, I take! I am definitely a chocolate lover!
A few weeks ago, my mom had some extra zucchini and decided to pass them my way. When she gave them to me, I was immediately stumped on what I should make with them.
I originally planned on roasting them with dinner, but when my daughter came into the kitchen that afternoon and asked to bake with me, I changed plans!
Since my daughter is a chocolate lover like myself, I knew she’d ask to go the chocolate route.
Why not combine the two and make muffins, right?! That way, we get our chocolate fix, but we also slip our greens in without tasting a thing! Win win and total mom move!
While I grated the zucchini, she set out to combine the rest of the ingredients together and we had this ready for the oven in under ten minutes! Good teamwork, right?
As these muffins baked, the house smelled incredible and we both found ourselves peeking in at the muffins hoping they would be done early.
A LONG 20 minutes later (okay, perhaps that was a bit dramatic), the toothpick came out clean and we quickly removed these from the oven. I don’t think the pan even hit the counter before we were taking one out to “taste test”, hehe!
These Chocolate Zucchini Muffins literally melt in your mouth, are moist, fluffy, and perfectly loaded with chocolate chips througout. Taking one bite, you’d never know zucchini was one of the ingredients!
For all my fellow chocolate lovers and/or muffin fans…these are a must try! Enjoy now, freeze for later, or even give some to friends/family!
Recipe adapted from: Bake Eat Repeat
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1/2 cups cocoa powder *unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 zucchini's *peeled, grated, and drained
- 1 cup chocolate chips *we used milk chocolate, any works
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease/line a muffin tray (or loaf pans if making into bread)
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and sugars.
- Add the grated zucchini to the wet mixture.
- Once combined, fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Evely scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!