Being the chocolate fan that I am, I love coming up with new twists on brownie recipes. Since I have successfully found a brownie that is homemade, but tastes even better than a boxed mix, I decided to add mint to it to change it up. YUM!! Not only was I a fan of these, but my hubby loved these too!! They were so moist and full of chocolate, but the mint brought these to an even better level. If you love mint, you definitely need to try these. They are the perfect combo of chocolate, mint, and ooey gooey fudge! Delicious!!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint chips (if you can’t find mint chips, cut up a package of Ande’s mints)
- Beat the butter, vanilla, and sugar together in a bowl until creamy.
- Add in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold the semi sweet and mint chips into the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 8×8 baking pan (glass or metal).
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into desired size pieces.