This post brought to you by Dollar General. The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Cookin’ Chicks.
As you all probably have learned by now, chocolate is a favorite of mine. Seriously, dessert is not “dessert”, unless it is chocolate. I know, weird, right? Anyhow, these chocolate brownies are definitely a favorite of mine because they are simple to whip up, and are quite similar to a boxed mix, only better!!
Last week, my son and I were walking through Dollar General in search of a small toy for him. As we were walking around, I came across the baking aisle and found all sorts of supplies. Vegetable oil, flour, sugar, marshmallows, etc. I was pleasantly surprised because I had needed to stock up on some supplies, and no longer needed to go to another store. The prices were even better than a grocery store, so it was a double win. You can get everything you need from your local Dollar General Store.
Also be sure to check out Dollar General on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for ideas and more!
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil*
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
* I used Clover Valley brand, which is less money than the leading grocery stores
- Stir cocoa powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Add in 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- Add in the boiling water and stir until thick.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salt and flour.
- Add in the cocoa mixture and vanilla extract. Mix until all is combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving!! Enjoy!