Since my kids LOVE pasta, and the hubby and I LOVE tacos, I decided to try this pasta dish from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. After a few tweaks based on what I had on hand, this pasta dish came about and was amazing! Full of flavor, all made in one skillet! I think my hubby was quite excited to see how few dishes he would have to wash after dinner, haha! I used ground turkey since it was what I had in my freezer, but beef works just as well. The taco flavor, pasta, cheese, and corn came together perfectly making this an amazing dinner that I will most definitely be making again!
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup corn
- 4 tbsp. taco seasoning (or 1 1/2 packets from the store)
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- Sour Cream
- In a large skillet, brown the meat until no longer pink.
- Drain the fat and add in the onion and garlic.
- Allow to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup water, salsa, corn, and taco seasoning. Stir well.
- Add in the pasta (uncooked at this point) and taco sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil and place lid on skillet. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in remaining 1 cup of water and place lid back on skillet. Simmer for an additional 8 minutes, making sure to stir frequently!
- Sprinkle cheese on top of pasta and remove skillet from heat.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top and ENJOY!!