Everyone in my family, minus me, LOVES breakfast. Almost every weekend, something new and delicious is made. Don’t get me wrong, I love trying new recipes, and enjoy just about everything we make, but breakfast just doesn’t excite me. I could very easily have a yogurt or something small, and be just as content as if I had had a huge home cooked meal. Weird right? Anyways, last weekend, my hubby wanted something with blueberries in it and decided to make a new version of scones. Yes, you read that right, my hubby was the chef that morning and made the family scones. These were amazing! Seriously, I definitely enjoyed these and if they were around each morning, I would for sure be a breakfast fan. Moist, fluffy, not too sweet, and full of juicy blueberries! If you love blueberries and/or scones, this is a must try!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Grate the chilled butter into the mixture.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, toss the mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- In a separate bowl, combine the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly combine the wet mixture to the dry mixture, making sure not to over mix.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Form the dough into a ball and place on the parchment paper.
- Dough should be placed into an 8 inch disk, and cut into 8 pieces using a sharp knife.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While scones are baking, combine the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
- Once scones are done, drizzle glaze on top prior to serving! Enjoy!