Typically, on the weekends, my hubby whips up an awesome breakfast for the kids and I to enjoy. However, last weekend, I decided that since I was up early, I would surprise them and have breakfast ready to go when they woke up! Since I didn’t have a ton of time before them waking up, I decided to make these blender muffins. Not only are the quick to prepare, but they are somewhat healthy as well. I used blueberries in mine, but you could use diced apple, chocolate chips, strawberries, etc.
I put all the ingredients straight into the blender, so I didn’t have to deal with mixing bowls and other messes. Once done, I poured the muffin batter into each lined muffin cup and popped the tray into the oven. These were done just as my first kiddo came downstairs and breakfast was served!
If you are short on time in the mornings and need a quick, hearty breakfast, definitely whip these up! They even freeze perfectly for mornings or snacks on the go!
- 2 cups oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- Place the oats, eggs, yogurt, bananas, and brown sugar into your blender.
- Blend on medium speed until all is combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter 3/4 full into a greased or paper lined muffin tray.
- Place tray in preheated oven, 400, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from tray.