BEST EVER Brown Sugar Bread is a quick bread that comes together using only 7 ingredients! Perfect for breakfast, snack, or anytime of the day!
To catch you up a bit on life lately, I have been down for a few weeks due to kidney stones. A few months back, I went in for a scan to see why I was having some abdomen pain. Being 34 years old, I did not expect stones, but that is what the scans showed. One in each kidney!
My doctor scheduled me for a procedure and one thing led to another and one procedure turned into two, with another coming in the next few weeks.
Not too fun, and probably one of the worst pains I wouldn’t wish on anyone!
Since I was recovering and following doctors orders to take it easy, I wasn’t allowed in the kitchen to bake and cook!
However, now that I am a few weeks out, I finally was able to play around with a new recipe yesterday afternoon and let me tell you…its good!!
I opted to make a quick bread because those make the best snacks and breakfasts! Plus, my kids LOVE bread, so I knew they’d appreciate it!
When my youngest son walked in the door from school, he immediately perked up and asked if I had baked something good. Yes son, I most definitely did, haha!
I sliced a few small pieces for him and he happily devoured them!
Next, my daughter, hubby, and oldest son came home and they too tried the bread declaring it “amazing”.
Since the recipe ended up making 5 mini loaves, I decided to pass some on to neighbors and friends as a surprise! The recipe makes about 6 mini loaves, but I over-filled, haha!
Everyone enjoyed it and I thoroughly enjoyed getting back into the kitchen!
I have so many upcoming ideas I want to try now that I am back up and running again!
If you’re looking for a tasty quick bread to try, definitely give this BEST EVER Brown Sugar Bread a go! Perfect for gifts, snacks, breakfasts, or freezing to enjoy later!
Recipe adapted from: Julie Blanner
BEST EVER Brown Sugar Bread
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups flour *all purpose
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon/sugar *optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 5-6 mini loaf pans, or 2 large pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, and oil.
- Stir until just combined.
- Evenly divide mixture between greased pans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar on top of each loaf if desired.
- Place pans into oven and allow to bake 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pans.