Being in Texas, this summer heat is brutal. I saw next week’s forecast and it shows the temperature getting up to 106*. Talk about hot, right? To beat the heat, the kids and I have been hanging out at our neighborhood pool a lot. Although it keeps us cool, nothing tastes better in the heat, than a frozen popsicle. Since I didn’t want to have to keep boxes upon boxes on hand, I decided to make a batch of these banana ice-cream cups. Not only are they healthy, minus the chocolate chips of course, but they are simple to make, my kids love them, and it helps use up any over ripe bananas we may have, since I have not been wanting to use the oven for banana bread. Only two ingredients needed to make about 24 mini ice-cream cups, how great is that?!?!
Hope you are all staying cool this summer and beating the heat! I don’t know about you, but I am definitely looking forward to Fall!!
- 6 bananas
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet, slice the bananas into about 1/2″ slices.
- Lay them flat on the cookie sheet and stick into your freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove cookie sheet from freezer and allow to sit on your counter for about 5 minutes, to semi thaw out.
- Drop slices into your food processor and process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips evenly.
- Grease a muffin pan (I use the 24 cup mini muffin pan) with cooking spray.
- Using a spoon, drop the ice-cream into each individual cup. Make sure you push the mixture into each cup to form a “muffin”.
- Place muffin pan back into freezer for an additional 2 hours.
- Using a fork or knife, pop each cup out of the tray and store in a freezer safe container when not eating! Enjoy!!