One of my favorite veggies to include with dinner is asparagus. The way my kiddos gobble it up is quite comical, and I just love all the varieties you can do to change it up!!
Last week, my hubby was grilling some chicken for dinner and since I had a bundle of asparagus, I quickly prepped this and gave it over to him to grill. In minutes it was tender and ready to be devoured. The balsamic flavor was perfect on this and we all enjoyed it!!
As summer is quickly approaching, this is the perfect side dish to add to any meal, picnic, or gathering!!
Balsamic Grilled Asparagus
- 1 bundle fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt/pepper to taste
- Wash asparagus and cut off about an inch of the bottom part of each piece. *If you prefer whole stalks, don't cut the inch off....my kiddos are picky, so I cut off a portion.
- In a Ziploc bag, add the balsamic vinegar.
- Place asparagus inside bag and seal.
- Gently shake bag around to thoroughly coat asparagus. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes if possible. *If short on time, skip the marinade part
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Place asparagus in a grill basket, on a piece of tin foil, etc. to cook.
- Grill for about 4-5 minutes, then flip to other side and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve!!