For Mother’s Day, we went over to my parents house for lunch. My dad was in charge of grilling and preparing the meal, and my hubby was in charge of making the dessert. I had told my hubby I was in the mood for something apple and so he whipped this up. Not only did he say it was easy, but this tasted just like a piece of apple pie, only in bread form. We added a scoop of vanilla ice cream to it and everyone definitely enjoyed it!! It is best fresh from the oven, but saves for a few days as well. This makes an 8 x 8 pan, so it serves about 9! Whether enjoying this as a dessert or a breakfast treat, you’ll love the apple cinnamon flavor!!
Check out this handy ice-cream scoop to place some tasty ice-cream on top of your dessert: https://www.kitchenistic.com/best-ice-cream-scoop/
- 10 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray
- Cut the dinner rolls in half and place cut side down on the bottom of the baking dish
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 30 minutes
- Remove plastic wrap after 30 minutes and brush the rolls with the melted butter
- Sprinkle the chopped apples over the rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, 2 tbsp sugar, and lemon juice. Spread mixture over the rolls.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, remaining white sugar, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over the rolls.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap again and allow to rise until doubled in size. Remove wrap and place in a preheated oven, 350, to bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Combine the powdered sugar and milk in a bowl and drizzle over the pan.
- Scoop desired amount into a bowl and serve with a scoop of ice cream (optional)
**Place a cookie sheet underneath the pan while cooking to avoid spillage in the oven
Adapted from: Julie’s Eats and Treats