A few days ago, I posted these cookies on Instagram and it was an immediate hit! I posted a picture of the dough, and then a sneak peek of the end result. Definitely got everyone excited, which was great since I was doing a happy dance in my kitchen based on how amazing these turned out!!
I used peanut butter M&M’s because they are amazing, but if you prefer the original kind, new caramel kind (yum), etc….go for it!!
My kids came home from school about an hour after I finished baking these and immediately asked me what the amazing smell in the house was coming from. One glance in the kitchen, and they were begging to have one for their snack. Of course I obliged and gave them each a glass of cold milk to go with it and in no time was given SIX thumbs up (three kids, lol).
Not only were these a hit at home, but they were also a hit with my hubby’s coworkers!! The plate was gone in no time!
If you are looking for a slam dunk cookie, look no further! These are definitely winners!!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, white sugar, shortening, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend until combined.
- Fold in the M&M’s carefully.
- Scoop out 2 tsp dough balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven, 350, for about 10-11 minutes.