I have never been a fan of shrimp. Growing up, any time my mom would include it in a dish, I would always pick it out or just eat extra sides in place of it. Fast forward to having a family of my own and all 4 of them LOVE shrimp. Ugh! I try to change things up and add it to the meal plan to keep them happy, and typically I make myself a salad, etc.
Well, last week, my grocery store had a sale on their shrimp and I bought tons. I told my hubby and he immediately put his thinking cap on and asked to be in charge of dinner. Of course I agreed!! He ended up whipping this garlic cilantro shrimp up and not only did all 4 of them love it, SO DID I! It was packed with flavor, tender shrimp, and overall quite impressive of a dish. My hubby had it ready to go in no time and I gave him the green light to definitely make it again!
If you are a shrimp lover, and even if you aren’t, I know you’ll love these!
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked prawns
- Olive Oil
- 1 head garlic, top cut off
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. white wine
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce
- Peel, rinse, and devein shrimp.
- Pat dry and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of the head of garlic and place it on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven at 400 for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and done and peel/crush roasted garlic.
- In a small bowl, add the crushed, roasted garlic, cilantro, lime juice, white wine, olive oil, and chili sauce.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle. Add a splash of olive oil and cook shrimp for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and pour garlic/cilantro sauce on top of shrimp.
- Toss to coat thoroughly and serve on a platter!
Recipe adapted from: The Mediterranean Dish