A few weeks ago, I made a Mississippi Roast and my family went NUTS over it! My kids went back for seconds, my hubby was asking when I was going to be making it again, and it was even better as leftovers!! I got to thinking about it this past week and thought, why not try it with chicken this time? Instead of serving it by itself though, I served it on French rolls as a sandwich. End result…..just as fabulous as the roast! My kids loved it too, which is always a plus!
We got to have it a second night since it made plenty to go around, which meant one night off from cooking! It was incredibly simple, inexpensive, and best part of all….my slow cooker did all the work!! I put the ingredients into my slow cooker in the morning, and come dinner time, I had it ready to serve!!
Whether you make a roast, or make this chicken, be sure to try it! Let me know what you think!!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet dry ranch mix
- 1 packet au jus mix
- 1/4 cup water (or pepperoncini juice)
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini’s
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch and au jus on top of chicken.
- Pour water/juice around chicken in slow cooker.
- Place pepperoncini’s on top of ranch/au jus mix.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook 6-8 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high.
- Once cooked, shred chicken and serve on French rolls, over pasta, or rice!!