By now, you probably know that my neighbor/friend Ashley and I swap a meal each week. It allows us one night of no cooking, and also gives us variety with what we eat since we make all sorts of yummy recipes!! I thoroughly enjoy my night off of cooking each week, especially since we are still enjoying a homemade meal! Win win!!
Last week, she made my family this tasty taco soup and it was a major hit! My kids loved it and scraped their bowls clean. I love the flavor and how you can add any topping desired. We just used cheese and sour cream since it is what we had on hand, but next time I make this, I will add some chopped tomatoes, avocado, tortilla chips, etc. Once this was finished cooking, my house smelled amazing!! This soup is definitely a must try with the cold weather season ahead!
Thanks Ashley for another amazing dinner!!!
- 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning mix or 2 tbsp. homemade seasoning
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can of Mexican Rotel diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 oz. can green chilies, undrained
- 4 cups of beef broth or stock
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
- Finely shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese, for garnish
- (Optional) Diced avocado/ tomatoes/ tortilla chips
- Add oil to a warm pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and ground beef and cook until browned and broken up. Drain the fat.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing and taco seasoning and stir.
- Pour meat into the crock pot then add the rest of the ingredients down to the corn.
- Stir the ingredients together and cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Optional: stir in a cup of sour cream just before serving.
- Top with garnishes.