With summer upon us, so is grilling season. Nothing is easier than throwing meat, veggies, and potatoes on the grill all at once and having a complete meal, with little clean up. The other night, we sliced up some zucchini and squash, seasoned it lightly, and put them on skewers. We grilled salmon and these accompanied it perfectly. The squash/zucchini get tender, have a lot of flavor, and is a healthy addition! Make these for parties, BBQ’s, picnics, and more!!
- Yellow Squash
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Wash zucchini and squash.
- Cut zucchini and squash into slices.
- Put the skewer through the middle of each slice until desired amount is on each skewer.
- Brush olive oil evenly over each slice.
- Place on a tray and season with desired amount of salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Grill each skewer for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from grill and serve!
*If using wood skewers, soak them in water for about 5 minutes prior to using, to avoid burning them.