Yesterday afternoon I decided to make a dessert for after dinner that night. As I was looking through my pantry and fridge, I tried to come up with something easy to make, yet delicious. My kids were due home from school about 30 minutes later, and I really did not want to be baking, getting them off the bus, and doing homework with them all at the same time. I decided to whip up my one bowl brownies, only this time add in some mini peanut butter cups I had on hand. From the time I decided to make these, to the time I was pulling them out of the oven, was exactly 25 minutes! I had 5 minutes to spare before the kids came home! Now THAT, was perfect timing! After dinner, the family ate these up and everyone agreed that they were delicious! I call them one bowl brownies because like the name says, you only use one bowl! No needing to use two or three bowls, just one bowl to clean up! Score!!
If you do not have the mini peanut butter cups, you can omit them! You can also add in chocolate chips in place of peanut butter cups! Enjoy!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini Reese’s peanut butter cups or chocolate chips
- In a medium microwaveable safe bowl, add the butter.
- Microwave butter until fully melted.
- Remove bowl from microwave and add in the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Mix until all is combined.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix until just combined. Fold in the Reese’s cups/chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Pour brownie batter into greased pan.
- Bake in preheated oven, 350, for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes prior to serving!