This casserole screams comfort food, right? Not only is it incredibly flavorful, but it is also quite simple to make. Last week, I made this for several neighbors. Everyone said they thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a hit. Whether you make this for a night with little to no time for meal prep, give this to a neighbor or friend, or make it when someone in the family is under the weather; this is definitely my new go to recipe. I love how it not only includes pasta and chicken, but it also has veggies throughout it. My kids ate it up and although I know they saw the veggies in it, none of them chose to pick them out, so that was definitely a win!!
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen mixed veggies
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6-7 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain water.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, chicken, frozen veggies, milk, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder, melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Spray a casserole dish (9 x 13) with cooking spray or grease it.
- Pour pasta mixture into dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese and crushed cracker on top of casserole.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for 30 minutes covered with foil, 10 minutes uncovered.