Comfort food to me is a yummy casserole. I typically try to make one casserole each week, especially since it can feed our family for a minimum of two meals, which is less cooking for me, hehe!! Last week, I decided to whip this up and it was great! The kids loved it and it was full of flavor. It had veggies, chicken, and pasta in it, so it was an all in one meal! I will definitely be making this again, especially for friends and family!! This has 6-8 servings in it, so definitely plenty for everyone!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.75 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies (or whatever veggies you have on hand)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz egg noodles, cooked according to directions on package
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer cooked pasta and chicken on bottom of dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onion, mixed veggies, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Spread mixture on top of chicken/pasta evenly.
- Cover dish with tin foil.
- Place dish in preheated oven, 350, and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!!