Have you ever looked in your freezer and realized you have a TON of chicken breasts? Well, that was me last week. I was going through the fridge/freezer in the morning trying to figure out what I was going to make for dinner. I came across a ton of chicken breasts, some tomatoes that were only a few days away from going bad, and a container of pesto I had just bought. I decided to throw this Italian Chicken bake together and wow, it was a hit. The hubby and I LOVED the flavor, and even the kids plowed through it. I have some picky eaters, so even if they just eat it without complaining, that is a success haha!! Not only did this take me no time to make, but you can adjust how much you make depending on the amount of people you are serving. I served this over pasta that I had mixed with pesto, however, you can serve it by itself, rice, over pasta with sauce added, etc. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup prepared Pesto
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Lay chicken breasts in a glass baking pan. Be sure to lay them in a single layer.
- Spread prepared pesto on top of chicken breasts evenly.
- Place sliced tomatoes on top of chicken. *I used about 3 slices per chicken breast
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chicken.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or by itself. Enjoy!!
Recipe adapted from: The Pinning Mama