A few weeks ago, while my hubby was off work for Christmas vacation, he whipped these up one morning. Not only were they soooooo yummy, but everyone, parents included, loved them! They were chocolate packed (which if you know me, you know I am in Heaven with anything chocolate), they were moist, and best of all, these were baked, not fried! Now, I am not saying these are considered healthy, however, if you were to compare them to a fried donut, yup, they would be “healthier” HAHA!! Whether you choose to make these for a morning breakfast, snack, or even evening dessert, they would be the perfect treat for any occasion! Enjoy!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla extract, egg, sour cream, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Stir wet mixture into dry mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased donut pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 375, for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While donuts are cooling, combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Once donuts are cool, either dip tops of donuts into glaze, or simply drizzle the glaze over the donuts.
Recipe adapted from: Buns in my Oven